Wildlife moves! Local species of migratory birds are introduced. Students experience, through an immersive game, the hazards and helpers that local migratory species might encounter on their long-distance journeys.
AUDIENCE: 4th – 8th graders
● An understanding of the “migration” concept
● Understand the concept of “species-specific” behaviors and needs
● Awareness of natural and human-caused factors affecting migration
● A basic understanding of “habitat” : food, shelter, reproduction requirements essential to all species
● Bird species identification based on colors and shapes
● Drawing migratory lines on a map
● Reading and following simple directions on each “station”
● Applying the information locally, and communicating observations about bird habitat around yourself
You must be logged in to post a comment.