Without pollination, the human race wouldn’t survive. This lesson connects the dots between the food we eat, the flowers that bloom, and the pollinators behind the scene! Students learn about the enormous variety of pollinators, and what their needs are, too!
AUDIENCE: 4th – 12th Graders
- An understanding of the concept and importance of pollination
- A realization that there are thousands of species of pollinators
- Introduction to “species specific needs” concept
- Recognition that pollinators around the world are declining by human activities
- Connection to their own site and the benefits and hazards affecting pollinators
- Species identification
- Reading a Life Cycle Chart
- Applying concepts to observable surroundings
- Communication of observations
You must be logged in to post a comment.